Systems Administrator - Desktop
Location: Pasadena, CA
Clearance Level Needed:
Networks & Telecommunication Services
The role of the Desktop Systems Administrator is to provide IT support in a heterogeneous environment (Windows and Linux) with a high focus on security. The Desktop System Administrator is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, and in person.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Resolves a broad range of technical issues in support of customer computer hardware, software, and network.
• Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems throughout the environment.
• Installs and configures software
• Uses MS SCCM to centrally manage desktops systems for software deployments, patch management. Runs reports for audits and verification.
• Assists in desktop configuration selection to achieve fit for purpose for end users
• Creates, maintains and deploys standard desktop images
• Performs moves, adds, changes (MAC) of computers, telecom and users
• Sets up and tests a variety of systems and hardware components/peripherals prior to field deployment and provides computer repair and test capability for all company departments.
• Analyzes failed systems according to established standard operating procedures.
• Performs repairs and tests of systems that can be repaired in-house.
• Performs preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of systems.
• Is responsible for ensuring customers& computer issues are resolved. May escalate issues to other service groups.
• Maintains and updates records and ticket tracking databases.
• Creates, updates and maintains documentation and standard operating procedures
• Participates as a member on Internal Project Teams performing a variety of computer related activities, idea sharing and problem resolution.
• Provides support outside of regular duties as needed.
• Alerts management to recurring incidents and patterns of problems. Skills Windows 7 Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or other endpoint configuration management software Desktop image creation and configuration management Active directory and group policy management Hardware component troubleshooting and repair Solid understanding of networking principles/topologies Ability to troubleshoot and assist with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, One Note) as well as Project and Visio, minimum of version 2013 Familiarity with Linux (RHEL7+) a plus Ability to think creatively to troubleshoot and develop solutions Familiar with Microsoft roaming profiles. Familiar with Active Directory group policies.
Experience/Education 4-6 years desktop systems administration/support experience in mid-to-large environments. Bachelor&s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Technical Certifications (one or more of the following):
• MCP or other Microsoft Specialist Certification (N and/or N-1 version), within 6 months of hire
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) (N and/or N-1 version), within 6 months of hire
• A+ Certification
Other Requirements: Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance. Ability to comfortably lift and carry up to 50+lbs.
• Strong dedication to customer service and excellent verbal/written communications skills and interpersonal skills
• Experience using problem/ticket management systems (BMC Remedy, etc.)
Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.