Network Engineer Senior
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Clearance Level Needed:
Networks & Telecommunication Services
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Solutions & Services group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Network Engineer to join our team at the Webster Field Annex in St. Inigoes, MD to support the migration of a critical network from IPv4 to IPv6.
Must have a current security clearance
• Lead the migration of the CLIENT infrastructure from IPv4 to IPv6 to include elements of CLIENT& ocal area networks (LAN), wide area network (MPLS), Internet connectivity, IP telephony, firewall, and VPN infrastructure.
• Monitor Information Technology trends, security advisories, and alerts, integrating innovative and best practice technologies into the network and security infrastructure to reduce cost to serve, increase operational efficiencies, and reduce risks.
• Perform system audits to identify vulnerabilities and exposures and recommend and implement changes to mitigate or eliminate risks where possible.
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of system upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches to maintain CLIENT&s network infrastructure at optimum efficiency and security.
• Monitor and test system performance and ensure that business application performance meets service level agreements, propose necessary changes, modifications, and system improvements.
• Other duties as required.
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCSP (Security &/or Routing & Switching)
• Three to five years& equivalent work experience in a position responsible for administration of a large scale, distributed, enterprise network and security infrastructure.
• Experience delivering & maintaining a consistent and measurable network experience to multiple line-of-business and mission critical applications using network based QOS (Quality of Service) / COS (Class of Service) from end-to-end.
• Recent experience in IPv6 implementation and migration strategy.
• Working knowledge of enterprise network monitoring, management, and control systems.
• Experience delivering VOIP (Voice over IP) services across a global distributed switch/router/MPLS network.
• Exceptional working knowledge of Cisco ASA firewall, VPN solutions, routers, and layer-2 & 3 switching platforms.
• Deep technical understanding and familiarity with IPv4, TCP, UDP, ICMP, and familiarity with IPv6.
• Working understanding of network access control systems/techniques, authentication systems (TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP, etc.), network based IPS (Intrusion Prevention Systems) / IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) as well as enterprise PKI / Certificate infrastructure.
• Exceptional knowledge of wide-area-network technologies, routing, switching, and security.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and adjust based on business demands and changes.
• Strong understanding the needs of business and the ability to apply the appropriate technology and process to solve the business requirements.
• Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to understand and explain complex topics to both technical and non-technical persons.
• Highly motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Minimum qualifications are:
(1) Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer or Electrical Engineering.
(2) Five years of experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures and troubleshooting.
(1) Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
(2) Seven years of experience in software development, programming, or network design, administration, operations, procedures and troubleshooting.
Requires Bachelors degree in (Computer Science, Math or Engineering) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.