Storage and Virtualization Administrator
Location: Savannah, GA
Responsible for the availability, reliability, performance, and maintenance of supported storage, backup, and virtualization platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage enterprise storage and virtualization environment, including, but not limited to EMC Storage Array’s (NS, VNX), VMware, HP All-in-one Storage Server, and EMC DataDomain Disk Libraries.
- Maintains efficient and reliable backup and recovery procedures.
- Performs maintenance activities as needed to keep environments current and secure.
- Interact with the business and other IT personnel to produce the highest customer service for our end users.
- Ability to maintain a professional composure with customers in difficult situations
- Knowledge of Server platforms, including, but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012), Redhat Linux, and CentOS.
- Communicates effectively and clearly with all departments and employees to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to customer information and employee records.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in field; includes self-study and company provided training
- Documents internal policies and/or develops training material for end-users.
- Monitors and troubleshoots storage, backup, and virtualization infrastructure to ensure optimal performance at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT field, or equivalent with 5 years minimum related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently on projects of moderate to broad scope
- Experience with VMware v4/5, VMware View, and EMC DataDomain DDOS.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Great in troubleshooting technical issues, while being able to stay calm in high pressure situations
- VMware Certification highly desired
EOE/ Vet/ Disability