Sr. Voice Engineer
Location: Bluffton, SC
General Description of Position:
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of VOIP systems. Provides first class customer service to our customer base. Provides accurate and efficient technical support and training service to customers. Provides troubleshooting expertise by interfacing with multiple technical staff members and vendors to resolve complex issues. Provides backup support to the Helpdesk and Installation & Repair team.
Including but not limited to the following.
- Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
- Formulates integrated voice, data, and/or video network architectures based upon demand, capacity, emerging network services, trends, and technologies
- Plans future network enhancements and directions for TDM & VOIP networks.
- Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to field systems, design engineers, and implementation teams.
- Serves as primary subject matter expert in the area of engineering specialty
- Conduct engineering economic, alternative, and feasibility evaluations
- Develops network element technical specifications.
- Provide Tier IV support for all related TDM/VOIP issues on the Hargray switching platform.
- Maintain lab support for all Genband/Nortel DMS and CS2Ks.
- Assist the Tier III team and operating companies in clearing service affecting or potential affecting problems.
- Create/update the various acceptance and test procedures used by Hargray Tier III and Local Operating companies.
- Interface with other departments/vendors on network problems and follow through to resolution.
- Assist with maintenance support of multiple vendor hardware peripherals (SONUS, DMS-500/Hybrid, CS2K Succession, AUDIOCODES, NUERA, Passport 8600, AIN SCP, Session Border Controllers, etc.)
- Maintain Switch Security Procedures in all related equipment.
- Software upgrades require for all core switching elements within the Hargray network with a focus on the SONUS suite of products (PSX, GSX, SGX, etc.); and GenBand DMS/CS2K switching platforms (XA-Core, GWC, CBM, CMT, NGSS, and TDM peripherals).
- Hardware installation and peripheral upgrades
- Coordinate lab vendor access for troubleshooting
- Monitor Backbone maintenance for potential VoIP service impacting issues
Only candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Remote Monitoring and Management Tools (RMM).
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as leading departmental initiatives.
- Provide project and technical lead on VOIP project assignments.
- 5 years’ experience working with VIOP systems.
- 3 years’ experience working with Microsoft Operating Systems.
- 2 years’ experience working in a VMware environment.
- 2 years’ experience installing switching/routing equipment.
- Knowledge of various technologies, including networking, hardware, software, peripherals, network applications, and security.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and administering a broad range of technologies.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills and logical problem solving.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- High level problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of technology standards and specifications related to Digital Switching/Succession/VoIP, transmissions systems, TDM, SONET transmission systems, network management or related telecommunications systems
- Prior hands on technical experience working with/maintaining/troubleshooting one of the above type systems are required.