Apprentice Tower Services
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Name: SBA Network Services
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
Please apply or text keyword Towersba to 313131
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure.
Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams? We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
▪ Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
▪ Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
▪ Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
▪ Quality: We do it right the first time. Doing it right includes exceeding expectations, safety, timeliness and an exemplary work product.
▪ Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
▪ Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
▪ Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Support tower construction and antenna and line installation activities as directed,
▪ Ability to read site plans and tower drawings.
▪ Distribute, pick up and organize tools and materials.
▪ Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
▪ Complete work in a timely and efficient manner as delegated by Construction Supervisor and Foreman.
▪ Perform construction activities as directed
▪ Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to maintain a safe job site.
▪ Keep safety barriers correctly installed.
▪ Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
▪ Must be able to satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA's Tower U training classes.
▪ Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
▪High school diploma /GED and 0-6 months tower construction / climbing experience required or 1+ years general labor or construction experience required.
▪ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
▪ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
▪ Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Valid Driver's License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
▪ Knowledge of standard knots,
▪ Satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA's Tower U training classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
▪ Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
▪ Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
▪ Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
▪ Standing ninety percent of the day.
▪ Ability to stoop and bend.
▪ Ability to reach and stretch.
▪ Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
▪ Ability to walk, stand and bend
▪ Ability to climb 180 to 350 feet.
▪ Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
▪ Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
▪ Work near mechanical parts.
▪ May work in high, precarious places.
▪ Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jack hammers.