Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Clearance Level Needed:
Networks & Telecommunication Services
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech is looking for a motivated, customer-oriented Senior Systems Administrator in support of a secure Windows based Information System in the Patuxent River, MD area. The Systems Administrator will assist and support the installation, operation, and maintenance of all current and future Information Systems. Duties and responsibilities involve the support and administration of Windows servers, Windows workstations, Terminal Servers, File & Print servers, organization folders as well as system documentation, analyzing and troubleshooting system anomalies, and ensuring optimal Information System performance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform Windows system administrative support to include adding and removing users, performing backups, installing software, monitoring system and network activity, and assisting users on a daily basis.
- Maintain and troubleshoot customer Windows servers and workstations, on-site, off site and remotely.
- Administer Active directory accounts, password, smart card pin resets and permissions per standard guidelines within environment.
- Perform technical modifications and configuration changes per provided SOP&s on a regular basis.
- Install/uninstall computer hardware components to include internal and peripheral devices, memory chips, video cards, hard drives, printers, network interface cards, media converters and other peripheral devices.
- The candidate should at a minimum possess knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Active Directory, and associated server and workstation hardware.
- The candidate should possess working knowledge of data backups, and antivirus. This position is a part of a centralized team of systems
- Create standard operating procedure, knowledge base and technical documentation on an as needed or as requested basis.
- Requires Bachelor&s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in the Information Technology field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server, Microsoft Windows XP and 7
- Experience in using troubleshooting data backups using Veeam\\Symantec Backup Exec
- Preferred experience working with of Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010, Microsoft SQL 2008
- Experience with creating and deploying workstation images
- Experience in Terminal server administration
- Experience administering and optimizing VMware in an enterprise environment while supporting virtual servers and applications
- Security+ CE required
- ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications highly desired
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification is a plus
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification is a plus
- Local travel less than 25%
Top Secret clearance required w/ SCI eligibility
Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.