Retail Sales Rep
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Retail Sales & Support Representatives achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and market penetration by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Promotes, sells and/or secures orders from prospective or existing customers through a relationship-based approach. Provides customer service assistance to existing customers.
Sales / Customer Support / Retail / Telecommunications
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets and serves walk in customers and conducts out-bound calling to secure new customers or provide upgraded services to existing customers.
- Identifies sales opportunities and achieves monthly quota.
- Presents a suite of products and services offered to potential and existing customers, leads negotiations, coordinates decision-making process, and overcomes objections to closure.
- Establishes, develops and maintains relationships with current customers and prospective customers.
- Demonstrates products to customers and provides training on the use of products sold.
- Analyzes, researches, resolves, refers and follows up on customer needs regarding services and billing in an expedient and professional manner.
- Makes follow-up calls to ascertain customer satisfaction, answer questions or concerns, and obtain referrals and/or sales leads.
- Communicates independently, effectively, clearly and professionally with customers, employees, supervisors and managers to establish and maintain considerate and cooperative relationships.
- Handles customers’ requests by phone, online chat, fax, e-mail and mail.
- Provides management with information regarding trends related to customer needs, problems, interests and competitive activities.
- Keeps abreast of current company and industry trends and practices as they relate to sales & customer service and makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Participates in company-sponsored activities during non-business hours.
- Accepts payments for products and services. Completes tasks by processing transactions through the cash register, and providing the customer with the receipt.
- Disperses to and receives inventory from existing customers.
- Maintains an accurate cash fund. Counts the cash fund in and out, reconciles the daily receipts, and reconciles the cash drawer.
- Provides training and assistance for new employees; participates in cross training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ sales and customer service experience preferably in telecommunications and/or wireless industry
- Excellent customer service skills, including cashier experience.
- Basic computer and office skills, including calculators, fax, etc.
- Ability to work extended hours schedule, Monday through Saturday.
- Ability to communicate independently and effectively with customers, employees, supervisors, and managers, both verbally and in writing