Location: Savannah, GA
Provides first class customer service to our customer base. Provides accurate and efficient technical support, installation, implementation, maintenance, and training service to customers. Provides prompt and efficient assistance and problem resolution using accurate and clear communications and applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and application software. Provides backup support to the Helpdesk team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical guidance to the repair team.
- Review ticket statistics with the Network Engineering Manager to ensure customer satisfaction is being achieved.
- Actively participates on Call Triage Team.
- Communicates independently, effectively, clearly and professionally with managers, supervisors, and employees to establish and maintain considerate and cooperative relationships.
- Travels to customer locations and Installs, configures, diagnoses, and corrects problems for computers, work stations, servers, and services, peripheral equipment, network equipment and associated cabling.
- Notifies supervisor of errors or equipment malfunction, reports damaged computers and peripheral equipment to manufacturer, verifies repairs.
- Work with our monitoring platform to proactively reduce customer related issues.
- Monitor our centralized antivirus console to ensure all clients have the latest virus definitions.
- Investigates and resolves users’ computer software and hardware problems in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Answers operational questions clearly and succinctly, and resolves problems, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Communicates with software and hardware vendors to request service for defective products and to research and resolve user problems.
- Attends training; reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to maintain and increase technical knowledge to meet user needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department.
- College degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ experience with the installation, configuration and support of PC’s, servers and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of network technologies, including IP routing, network design, Ethernet, routing protocols, and network management.
- 3 years’ experience with current versions of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server.
- 2 years’ VMware experience.
- 2 years’ experience with Antivirus applications.
- Experience with monitoring platforms.
- LAN/WAN installation, support, and configuration.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry 60 pounds in the course of normal duties.
- Ability to multi-task and think independently
- Ability to quickly identify, isolate and correct any networking issue utilizing resources available.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Valid drivers’ license with history of safe driving record.
- Ability to work off-peak hours to respond to customer needs and ensure availability of PCs and critical systems.
- Ability to anticipate and prevent potential user problems.
EOE/ Vet/ Disability