VDI Engineer/VMware Horizon View
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Pay: $130,000.00 - $140,000.00 /Year
Name: Evan Shanahan
***FULLTIME*** - No Third Party Vendors
***Client unable to sponsor none US Citizens***
Our client, an analytic's company in Jersey City, is looking for a VDI Engineer to help to ensure that the global computing platform that supports the business is expertly selected, designed, delivered, optimized and supported during the entire virtual infrastructure life cycle. In this role, the VDI Engineer will work collaboratively with architects, infrastructure engineers, applications teams, systems architecture, end users, and business development across the organization.
- A minimum of 3 years supporting large and complex global data center VDI, virtualization, and server computing platforms
- Expert ability to install, configure, optimize, and maintain VMware Horizon View (6.x, 7.x)
- Expertise with the VMware Horizon View environment including Connection Servers, Security Servers, pools, vCenter, thin/zero clients, dedicated and floating desktop pools, etc.
- Expertise using ThinApp, App Volumes, and other tools to optimally package and deliver applications.
- Experience with VDI Assessment Tools such as Liquidware Stratusphere
- Experience supporting Windows Server and Desktop operating systems including Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Experience with scripting in Vbscript and/or PowerShell
- Expert hands on administration experience with VMware tools including ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, vRealize and other virtualization technologies and concepts
- Possesses a deep understanding of VMware core components and their relation to storage and networking, and be proficient in datacenter design methodologies.
- Ability to document processes and procedures
- Ability to coordinate efforts with other technology teams including Help Desk, Desktop Support, Networking, OS Engineering
- Expert experience configuring and deploying various server platforms; Cisco UCS, HP, Nutanix preferred
- Experience with the design, deployment, and management of hyper-converged platforms, specifically Nutanix
- Experience with capacity planning and sizing global VDI environments
- Experience with data center migrations including moving VM workloads
- Solid understanding of essential TCP/IP protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, NTP, and understanding of wider set of protocols.
- Solid understanding of fundamental hardware concepts: disk, memory, CPU, NIC, HBA, firmware, RAID, performance concepts (I/O, paging, swapping, system calls), iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, firmware.
- Strong experience with design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms.
- Basic understanding SAN technologies including FC, FCOE, iSCSI, NFS, vSAN, and determining LUN sizes/layout based on application requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the global VDI infrastructure including supporting hardware, software, desktop and server operating systems
- Identifies system requirements for operations and security, and works with other engineers and staff to develop designs and integrate components.
- Key contributor to the development of operations, management, integration & security requirements.
- Key contributor to the development of the system architecture, including relevant use cases.
- Key contributor to operations, engineering, security, and system integration tasks.
- Key contributor in technical tests, deployments, and support projects.
- Manages installation, maintenance and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
- Manages and tunes platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional events.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.