Security and Network Administrator
Location: Savannah, GA
Responsible for the availability, reliability, performance, and maintenance of Corporate and Managed Services enterprise network and vCloud infrastructure. Support all network and security related initiatives as it relates to the enterprise. Maintain compliance with PCI and other regulatory standards. Work with our EMC/VMware Engineer when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary support of Hargray’s Corporate and Managed Services enterprise network and vCloud infrastructure as designed and implemented, including network and security components and associated equipment.
- Ensure that compliance for PCI standards is maintained across all departments. Coordinate with other members of the information technology team to implement and sustain appropriate technical and procedural controls to support this objective.
- Analyzes network-attached systems and applications, and recommends and develops security measures to protect against unauthorized modification or loss.
- Monitors network health, security, and performance, and takes corrective action, when necessary to ensure optimal response times for users.
- Supports data network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and other data/IP networking-related equipment.
- Ensures network security access and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Applies strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures and protocols, including TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, and Ethernet technologies to design and implement efficient network configurations.
- Troubleshoots network access problems and implements network security policies and procedures.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Performs regular security audits, and remediates gaps
- Responsible for end-user security education
- Researches emerging technologies and makes appropriate recommendations to improve network performance, security and reliability.
- Performs root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention, network or security related.
- Works independently on projects of moderate to broad scope.
- Evaluates hardware to meet company requirements; makes written and verbal recommendations for user or management review.
- Maintains and administers maintenance contracts and other records for local area network, peripheral equipment.
- Attends training; read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to maintain and increate technical knowledge to meet user needs.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters computer systems to maintain and increase operating efficiency and system resources, minimize support and maintenance or adapt to new requirements.
- Answers operational questions clearly and succinctly, and resolves problems by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT field, or equivalent with 7 years minimum related experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as leading departmental initiatives.
- 7 or more years’ experience installing switching/routing equipment.
- Working knowledge of various technologies, including networking, hardware, software, peripherals, network applications, and security.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and administering a broad range of technologies.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills and logical problem solving. High level problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Brocade/Juniper experience highly preferred
- CISSP or similar certification required
EOE/ Vet/ Disability